Tuesday, August 5, 2008

What a nice day...

So kick off to Husker Football is but 25 days away...hooray for that! The Journal Star had a big 'ol story about the Huskers on the front page today since fall practice started yesterday...



So every time Joyful and I go to Target and make our lap around the store, we always glance in the electronics to see if, by some miracle, they actually have a Wii in stock. Of course, they never do. It's the top selling gaming console in the world, and nobody ever has one in stock! Of course, there are much more important things to spend our money on, but it's nice to dream. This morning I rode my bike to work at the vet...it wasn't opressively hot out like it's been lately, even at 4:45 in the morning, so I figured a nice 8 mile round trip bike ride was just what the doctor ordered. On my way home I figured I'd stop in at Target and make a lap around the store since it was on the way home and I do love Target...but what to my wondering eyes should appear? A Wii sitting in the case in the electronics department...were my eyes playing a trick on me? I took a second look, and it was still there. I called Joyful to tell her the glorious news. So we decided we could justify it if it's our Christmas present to ourselves, we're going to wrap it up and put it with all the other presents and open it at Christmas. Well, maybe a little early...we are hosting it this year after all, and I need to be able to beat Bryan at bowling.

No comments: