Monday, August 11, 2008

Running the Big O



So as a training run for the KC Marathon that's only 2 months and a week away, I signed up for the Omaha Half Marathon on Sept. 28th. With the Omaha half only being 3 weeks before the KC full, it's not like 13 miles will be that far in comparison (hopefully it'll seem pretty easy since by then I should be up to 20+ mile runs), but it'll be good to run in race setting. Last year I did the Omaha half in 2hrs 14 min. This year I'm really hoping to get it done closer to 2 hours. 2 hours 4 min. would be a 9:30 pace, which would be good. I did 9 miles today at a 9:45 pace and felt really good. I felt like I was pushing it towards the end, but for the most part I felt like I could've gone faster.

Only 19 days until football starts...



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i'm so jealous about you're running! but also most impressed... keep it up. and i love you!