Friday, August 22, 2008

So close...

Only 1 week until the start of the College Football season!!!  Actually it's just under a week...there's some games on next Thursday night, but none of them interest me...we're having people over to watch the first Husker game next Saturday.  Mom's coming donw around noon to hang out for a while and a couple guys from Ted's are coming over, too.  Me, being the person that I am, looked up on the guide and typed up a list of all the games that are on TV on Saturday.  I'm sure that makes Joyful sad.  I wouldn't say she becomes a football widow during football season, but I do enjoy watching it.  With the wonders of the DVR, I can record some games and watch them at my leisure...but it's just not the same as watching it live.  Chances are good that by the time I watch the game I already know who won...Don't get me wrong...Joyful enjoys football, and sports in general...I just REALLY like football.  I'm really hoping we can make it to a game or two this year (Hey David...I know you read this from time to time..any games you and Cheryl don't want to go to...)
 
So next Saturday these are the games I'm looking forward to seeing (at least parts of them anyways).
  • Nebraska Vs. Western Michigan - duh..
  • Virginia Tech Vs East Carolina - we play V. Tech on Sept. 27th
  • Oklahoma State Vs. Washington State - I tend to enjoy watching OSU play (thanks to Shane's influence)
  • Appalachian State Vs. LSU - can Appalachian State upset LSU like they did Michigan last year?
  • Illinois Vs. Missouri - probably won't see much of it as it starts at 7:30 and Nebraska starts at 6, but this should be a fantastic game.
My prediction for Nebraska this year is we'll have 9 wins counting a bowl game.  I think our offense will be good...the O-Line should be excellent, we're deep at running back, and if Ganz can sustain anything close to the performance he had in the final 3 games last year, our offense will be awesome.  Obviously defense is where all the questions are...we've got basically the same players as last year's horrible defense, so it's a matter of coaching and motivation...we'll see what kind of head coach Pellini can be, but it's well known what kind of motivator he is.  Should be exciting stuff.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

see you in january!

Todd Stoves said...

No, see, that's why there's the DVR...I can record games and watch them during the week...

Shane Coffman said...

You know, Boone Pickens made a deal with Nebraska fans that if they'll root for OSU, we'll root for Nebraska and hope we meet each other in the Big 12 Championship.

I'm all for that!

In that case, it would be "See you in December!"