Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Psalm 65:9

" 9 You take care of the earth and water it, making it rich and fertile. The river of God has plenty of water; it provides a bountiful harvest of grain, for you have ordered it so."

It's been an interesting start to my day...I was woken up at 3:30 this morning by Honey barking to come in...certainly nothing new, it's pretty much a daily occurence...however, when I went to bring her in, I discovered she was barking because it was raining. Unfortunate, since yesterday we had the siding taken off our chimney and the plywood replaced in preparation for the stone veneer that's going to be put on this week. It was lightly raining, and when I got back up at 4:30 for work, it had stopped, so I wasn't too worried. I got off work early today so I could take advantage of the nice temperatures and go for a nice run...I got home, changed clothes and headed out...noticing that the sky was really cloudy, and not nice, fluffy clouds...mean, nasty clouds. I was about 2 miles in when the rain let loose. It was a downpour for about the next 3 or 4 miles and then it let up, but by then I was soaked...my feet squished with every step. I had planned on doing 13 miles today to get an idea of who I'll do in the Omaha half marathon next month, but by the time I got to where I was passing the street into my neighborhood (9 miles), I decided I should come home.

So now with the rain, our project is likely going to take even longer...it was supposed to get started last Thursday, but the job the mason was on was running long, so it got pushed back to yesterday...now it rained and we have to let the chimney dry out before they can wrap it in Tyvek...hopefully they can get some good work done on the other parts of the house while it dries out. When it's all said and done, I'll put a picture or 2 of our sweet looking house on here...

No comments: