Sunday, February 17, 2008

Song...

Psalm 28:7
The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and he helps me. My heart leaps for joy, and with my song I praise him.

Today at church we had the pleasure of having the York Choir join us for worship. It's always nice to listen to them, but I like when they come to Heartlands, they also do stuff with worship. It must be what it feels like to go to a big Southern church with a choir. There was Derek up there leading songs with the choir behind him...great stuff. I love being able to worship our God in song...song can be such an emotional way to express yourself...strong memories are tied to song. The choir did this long medly with some readings intersperced to guide our thoughts before the Lord's Supper. One of the songs they sang (don't remember which one) made me choke up because it was a song we always sang at Bellevue and it's one where it starts out with just the women singing and it reminded me of standing next to my mom and listening to her sing. We also sang big, loud praise songs like Days of Elijah and you could sing for joy because of God's greatness...what a wonderful gift God gave us in song.

2 comments:

Jim Tuttle said...

Love the post! Music and song surprise us in multiple ways. I too love the choir coming to Heartlands. What a unique way to express our praise. Love the Blog Todd. I am a faithful reader. You Rock! Have fun in Europe.
Jim

Randall said...

There are a couple of songs that we sing at the church down here that always seem to make me choke up. I never remember what they are until we start singing them though and so it always surprises me.

Peace
Randall