Sunday, February 17, 2008

I like shoes...

So here's some thoughts that went through my head today for whatever reason...I was wearing these very hip and cool brown shoes I've got and I was thinking to myself, "man, these are cool shoes...I've got some cool shoes". That got me to wondering exactly how many pairs of shoes I own...so when I got home from grocery shopping with Joyful I counted, and I've got about 20 pairs of shoes and sandles, which made me think that I've got a lot of shoes for a guy, which made me think of the times in the past when people have accused me of being metrosexual just because I like shoes and I use product in my hair and actually use lotion when my skin's dry and I have the ability to dress myself to where I look nice. That made me want to look up the word "metrosexual" in the dictionary to see exactly what I was being accused of and here's what I found:

Definition:
a heterosexual male who has a strong aesthetic sense and inordinate interest in appearance and style, similar to that of homosexual males

Now I don't know that I would say I have an inordinate interest in appearance and style, but I do like to look nice...I don't know that there's any point in any of this, but now that I actually have people telling me they read my blog I felt compelled to give you something new to read. Hope you enjoyed...I bet I'll find some sweet shoes when Joyful and I are in Europe.

2 comments:

Todd Stoves said...

This is actually Joyful....apparently I can't log on separately since we share the same email....

Well, it turns out that I have about 30 pairs of shoes (including flipflops, boots, and uncomfortable but really cute shoes that are living in the costume closet). Plus two pairs of Crocs, 10 pairs of Birkenstocks, and 4 pairs of slippers. And this after I just compiled a bag to donate, which included 3-4 pairs of shoes that I've given up on.
But then, I'm a girl...

Stan and Melanie Kirk said...

There is nothing wrong with having shoes or having metrosexual tendencies. It could be much worse on the other end of the spectrum. I just made Stan throw away a pair of Adidas sandals (which he wears every day, even in the snow) because they were so smelly. And I have about 30 pairs of shoes too. And way too many clothes, including three boxes of clothes that I keep convincing myself that I will wear again "someday." Good times.