Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Hooray for God!

Something that's really been on my heart lately is how awesome our God is...As I'd imagine you all know, I was let go from Macaroni Grill recently. On my drive home that day I talked with God...you could call it praying if you like, but I felt somewhat like David in the Psalms pouring his heart out to God. I thanked Him for the opportunity He was giving me to trust in Him and not worry. Growing up in the church, you always know in your head that God's in control, things work out according to His plan...bla bla bla; but I had an opportunity staring me right in the face to actually trust God! Sure enough...I lost my job on Thursday and the following Monday, I started my 2 new jobs! Then when Joyful and I got back from Orlando, we found out that I had gotten my bonus from Macaroni Grill (we weren't sure if I'd actually get that or not), which magically paid for the entire Disney trip and then some.

Turns out that God knows what He's doing...I hope that none of you lose your jobs or anything, but I gotta tell you...it's exciting to watch God at work right before your very eyes.

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Phil. 4:6-7

2 comments:

Shane Coffman said...

That's cool about your bonus! I love how God takes care of things in ways we least expect.

As a welcome to the blog world, you have been tagged. Check out my blog for details.

And I really wish someone else would comment on your blog other than me. Come on, folks - give Todd some love!

; )

Eliina said...

That is awesome! Where are you working now?