Wednesday, January 23, 2008

You Always Remember Your First

They say that you always remember your firsts...your first love, your first job...my first post in the magical land of the blog is about my first marathon. Joyful and I did the 2008 Walt Disney World Marathon. This was mine and Joyful’s first full marathon after doing the Lincoln and Omaha half marathons last year. All in all, it was a great experience! I thought the organization was fantastic, the pasta dinner was lovely (if pricey), and the run was great! My only 2 complaints are that it turned into a pretty expensive trip (but Disney’s good at that), and all this supposed entertainment that they kept promising in the speaker series before the race wasn’t very much…there were many miles of quiet, solitary road going through wooded areas with nothing to see or listen to. I’m sure that is awesome for some people, but we needed something to take our mind off the running. But the characters along the way were awesome! Plus it made it so that when we went to the parks on Monday and Tuesday, we didn’t feel obligated to stand in lines with the kids to get our pictures taken because we had already done so during the race! We sprung for the Runners’ Retreat and I feel that it was worth the money. If nothing else, we didn’t have to stand in huge bathroom lines before the run. Plus there was yummy food afterwards, and we got our pictures taken with Donald and Daisy and Mickey and Minnie before the race. Our time was nothing to brag about, but we finished our first marathon! I’m thinking I want to train harder and do Chicago in October (and hope it’s not so hot there this year!). Here’s some pictures of our day:

















2 comments:

Shane Coffman said...

Welcome to Blog World!

Shane Coffman said...

I'd like to point out that I was the first commenter on your blog. Does that mean you'll always remember me?