Friday, May 29, 2009

long time...

So it's been ages since I actually updated the 'ol blog, so I figured I would :) Turns out the Facebook keeps me from thinking about updating this since most of the people I know have the Facebook...but now Shane's talking about taking links off his blog if people don't update, and I'd hate for that to happen :)


So some thoughts I've had lately...


I still hate the dentist. I went today for my 6 month cleaning/check-up...still hate that place. We even go to a lovely place, my dentist is a really nice guy and generally speaking the hygenist girls are really friendly...but just walking up to the building my heart starts pounding.


I LOVE my new schedule at work...I work open doubles Mon-Wed and then Thursday night. Wednesday I'm pretty tired since when I get done I've got about 36 hours in 3 days, but it's awesome to have a 3 day weekend and still get my hours...so hooray for that. I'd still really like to just work mornings so I could feel like I have a "normal" job, but in theory I'm slowly transitioning to that. I really enjoy working at Olive Garden...they pay me well enough, appreciate me, and take good care of me...I just don't want to work nights the rest of my life.


I am thoroughly enjoying the beautiful weather...last weekend Joyful and I sat in the back yard and read and just hung out outside...looks like we should be able to do that again this weekend. It's so nice and relaxing...


Our Chicago trip was awesome...it was great to get away for a long weekend and do fun stuff in a great city. We went to 2 Cubs games and went to Second City (hilarious!!!) and walked around to see the sights...hooray for Chicago!


1 comment:

joyful said...

so that's what's going on in your life!