Monday, March 30, 2009

Hooray Tulsa!

So Joyful and I had a wonderful time in Tulsa this past weekend. We went to the Tulsa Workshop and heard some great speakers. Our favorite was probably Patrick Mead...he had wonderful messages and was really funny, too. It was also great to see Alice and (briefly) Shane. Shane and Terry did a wonderful job putting on the workshop. Were there things I've liked better previous years? Sure, but this year was great, too and I heard the things that I needed to hear. Like someone said at Saturday night worship time...there weren't many people there due to the massive snow storm, but the people that needed to be there were there. I know Shane checks this thing from time to time, so thanks for a great workshop and for letting Joyful and I stay at your house...not that you had much choice...we are family, after all :) And if by some chance Terry Rush should find his way to this, a big thanks to him, too. I was a little sad that we didn't go to first service at Memorial because we made it a whole Workshop Weekend without hearing Terry give a lesson...but he did stop by and say hi when I was sitting with Alice on Friday and was as friendly as ever.

As a side note, when we were in Tulsa we went to the mall and I got a sweet new hat for when Joyful and I go to the Cubs game on May 17th...I think it's pretty cool.

1 comment:

joyful said...

so you should update w/ our chicago trip!!!