Sunday, October 19, 2008

The Marathon Wobbles





So we just got back from Kansas City where I did the KC Marathon yesterday. It was a nice trip. For those who care, my time was 4 hours 40 minutes and 17 seconds, which makes it a 10 min. 46 sec. mile pace. I'm pretty happy with that. I had to do more walking than I would've liked for the last 5 or 6 miles, but all in all, I thought it was good. I wished I had my music with me...but I thought I'd be a good boy and not bring it since technically speaking mp3 players and the like aren't allowed on the race course (safety reasons). Last night, if I sat down for too long, I could barely walk...it was pretty amusing. My left knee started to hurt at about mile 21 of the run, and it got real stiff that evening...we went to dinner and when I got out of the car I was practically dragging my leg behind me. Mercifully, I'm feeling pretty good today...my knee works right and my only problem is my legs are real tired, which is to be expected...I thought I'd have problems when we got out of the car when we got home just now, but other than being a little stiff, it's not too bad at all...stairs suck, though. Here's a couple pictures for your entertainment:


Me just before the race started...



Me finishing 4 hours and 40 minutes later!!


Other than the run, we wandered around The Plaza a little bit, roamed the Crown Center mall, ate way too much yummy food (had a great lunch at Gates before we headed back today...mmmmm, bbq...)This morning we went and worshipped at the Overland Park church of Christ, which was lovely. Got to see Allen French, who I hadn't seen in years, so that was nice...Jim, since you read this from time to time...Curt Sparks told me to kick you in the shins...

I'll post some more pictures once they're available online from ASI (took all the official pictures).

ps...thanks so much to the Moores for watching the house and pets for us while we were gone!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good Job Todd! Glad you had a good time. Sid wishes she could have gone along. :-)