Tuesday, July 1, 2008

109 Days and Counting



I'm all signed up to do the KC Marathon in October! My hope was to do Chicago this year, but I procrastinated in my signing up and it's full already (which is INSANE since it's also in October and it's limit was like 40,000 people). But as it turns out, this is probably a better choice. It's a cheaper marathon to enter, the hotel is waaaay cheaper...to stay at a downtown Chicago hotel the weekend of the marathon would've been like $250 a night...we're staying at the Crown Center Hyatt (which is the host hotel) for $99 a night, plus what with gas prices and all, a 3 hour drive is better than an 8 hour drive. Plus Kansas City's a nice city to visit. Joyful and I went there for our 1st anniversary and it was a lot of fun.

The race is on Saturday the 18th, so we're gonna check-in on Friday and out on Sunday and make a little weekend of it.

I'm doing this one by myself...Joyful's still working on putting the miles back on after her ankle problems. So if anyone knows of anything good to do in KC at 7 in the morning, let us know. The race starts at Washington Square Park right next to the Crown Center (hence staying at the Hyatt), so I suppose she could roam the park some assuming it's nice weather that day. Of course, she could always go back to the hotel and sleep for a couple more hours while I run.

I'm excited about training for another marathon...I like having the goal to look forward to, I like running the big miles and having time with just me and God to chit chat. The sense of accomplishment is so big...I remember crossing the finish line at Disney World and almost crying.

Let the fun begin...

No comments: