Saturday, June 28, 2008

And so it begins...

So yesterday was my last day working my day job at Kawasaki. They were very nice to me there. After working at Macaroni for the last 3 years, it was so refreshing to work at a place where I actually felt appreciated (of course, I feel appreciated at Olive Garden, too). I was but a lowly temp there and on my last day, the 2 gals in Payroll gave me a card with a thank you note and a Target gift card in it, and the gals in HR brought in lunch from Mr. Goodcents to say thanks for my help.




Now starts a new time in my life. For those who don't know, I'm starting my own business. It's a dog running business called See Spot Run - Lincoln. You should check out my website. It's not perfect, but I'm not a web designer, and I can't afford one :) The gist of my business is me running people's dogs who are either hyper or overweight or just really like to run. It seems like it'll be a great thing for me...I'll get to be outside, which I enjoy...I'll get to be active and run, which I enjoy...and I'll get to hang out with dogs, which I enjoy. Now I just need to get me some customers. So if you live in Lincoln and either have a dog or know someone who does, you should hire me to get the dog some exercise. I'm going out today to distribute flyers around my neighborhood and I'm working on figuring out where would be the best places for me to target. So if you live around here, let me know where you think would be a good place for me to aim my advertising money. Also, look over my website and give me some feedback with the "contact us" form. Maybe let me know some questions you'd have if you were a customer of mine.




No comments: