Sunday, June 15, 2008

father's day part 2

So it turns out that:
 
a) at church today Jim wasn't there...Phil Canarsky talked, which is always great.  He's such a great speaker...always makes me think I need to go to the Hispanic church, but I never have.
 
b) they didn't really talk too much about Father's Day, other than people doing announcement type things wishing people a happy Father's Day
 
c) Darth Vader was at church today...that was odd...
 
d)  I sat next to Vern Moore...my "dad" in Lincoln...hooray for the Moores...I hope some day I can be as good a dad as Vern has been...those kids have all turned out great.  Each of them is their own unique person, they all love God and they're all just such great young people (I'm 30 now, I can refer to people as young people now).  I've still got a picture in my bible of Nic, Bree and Kami from when I first met the Moores and they were all little kids...crazy that 2 of the 3 have graduated high school now, and Kami's next year...makes me feel a little old. 
 
Side note...we FINALLY got our black and white pictures from the Europe trip...so I'll have to put some of those on here before too long.  Never ever ever use York Photo for your picture developing.  We'd used them jsut fine for several years and never had a problem, but they jacked up our order so bad from the Europe trip it's insane and they're being jerks about following through on the guarantee they clearly post on their website.  We eneded up taking our film (some of which York messed up) to Target to get it developed.  They did it faster, cheaper and better than York did.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Let's get some of the B&W pics up on the site, they are very cool.