Monday, July 21, 2008

Christmas in July

Sunny day, high of 95 degrees, what do Joyful and I do?  Wrap Christmas presents.  That's right, Christmas presents.  Joyful's parents are coming out here in September and we're sending her family's presents back to California with them, so we got them pretty much all wrapped.  The beauty of us going to Disney to do the marathon in January and Europe in April is that we're pretty much done with Christmas shopping and it's still July!  I was reminded, though, of how little I enjoy wrapping presents.  It was fun to see what we've gotten people and think about how much they'll (hopefully) enjoy getting what we got them, but I get so frustrated wrapping the things...inevitably I cut the paper too small and end up with a gap or some other frustrating thing.
 
On a happy note, I FINALLY have some really promising leads for my business, See Spot Run.  It was becoming extremely discouraging that I wasn't really getting any response from anybody who wanted to pay me money to run their dogs.  People would always tell me what a neat idea it was and they know people who it'd be great for, but I couldn't get anyone to actually contact me wanting to set something up.  This past week I got 2, count 'em 2, really positive leads.  Please be praying for me the next couple weeks about this.  I'm meeting with one person this week and a family next week.  I would love to have some clients who aren't already my friends (though I'm extremely grateful for the Kirks and Donna).
 
We're having some fix it work done to the house today...our front porch was starting to sink so we're getting that fixed and we've got water seeping into our basement because when they built our deck they apparently did it wrong, so water can get trapped and work its way through the walls...sucky.  It's good to know people, though...I called Steve Kolb with Kolb Remodeling who used to live across the street for us and now he's turned into a full blown general contractor so he can help us with all our fixing needs...hooray for that.
 
So this got longer than I thought it would be...

No comments: