Monday, July 7, 2008

Boy I tell you what...

The things they can do with computers these days...I found this cool site by way of the KC Marathon's site called RealBuzz...It's a site about "Healthy Active Living".  They've got a bunch of cool stuff on there for runners...training advice, nutrition, apparel, all that kind of stuff.  They've also got this thing called "Map Your Passion".  It uses Google Earth and it makes it so you can map out your running routes and see other people's running routes in your area.  That way you can see exactly how far you're going...pretty neat stuff.  If one were high tech enough to have a GPS device or have it on their phone, you could upload your routes to your device and have it with you.
 
Speaking of running...today for the first time I did "hill repeats"...if you don't know what those are, it's code for "torture".  Basically it's running up a steep hill over and over again...but the KC Marathon is a hilly one, and doing HRs is good for that and for building leg muscles...plus my training plan called for them today, so I had to.  I did wuss out though...I was supposed to do a 50 min. workout and I only did like a 35 min one...but hey, it's better than nothing I suppose...
 
 

No comments: